Blog Template

Monday, March 2, 2009

Young Life




Wow what a big part of our life Young Life is.  Aaron and I are Young Life leaders in McKinney. We focus on the Junior Class at Boyd High School.  We have been with these kids since they were Freshman.  These kids are amazing.  They are truly good kids.  Sometimes I wonder why the Lord choose Aaron and I for this ministry.  I am so not worthy!!  I meet with my girls on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at Starbucks, Sunday night at Campaigners, and every other Monday night at club.  My girls love to stop by and talk, hang out, pray etc...  Aaron is great with his guys.  He is such a great spiritual leader.  He leads most of the bible studies on Sunday nights.  He has such a great grip on his theology.  

This summer I have 6 girls going to work at different Young Life camps all over.  Praise God!! That is amazing.  I pray on a regular basis I am leading these girls in the right direction.  I pray I am having those tough conversations when needed.  I pray I make this ministry about God and not about me.  It is amazing how this ministry has changed my life.  I finally am in a good place with my walk.  I am more confident spiritually than I have ever been.  

I do admit it has been hard at times.  Especially with a new born this year.  But these girls are so worth it.  They threw me a baby shower when I was pregnant.  They beg to babysit all the time, and they even come over just to help at night sometimes when Aaron is out of town.  I have even built relationships with their parents.  This ministry makes Mckinney such a small town.  I can't wait to see the kids grow up into amazing parents and spiritual leaders in their communities.  

Praise God for everything! Praise God for a the blessings he brings.

No comments: