Blog Template

Sunday, July 18, 2010

It has been a long time

I have not updated this in awhile. We have been in the middle of a move to Washington. I have to say I went into this move with no expectations. I was leaving all my Young Life crew which has been my life the last four years. We are also close with our families and leaving them is soooo hard. Another scary thing was leaving my house. I felt like I was walking away from everything,
but....... after being here a month I can say we left a lot but God has great things in store for us here. We got here and I saw all the furniture crammed in the house and started balling. I was so overwhelmed. Thank God my parents were here to help. My dad is such a fix it guy and was here to make a 20 year old house feel new. My mom spent days helping clean and organize. I can say we had this place practically put together in 2 weeks. Which was awesome because we got to be tourist every weekend. We have been to so many amazing State Parks, The Islands, The Mountains, and Lakes. It has been so surreal. Everyone told us the weather was horrible but I have to say the weather is amazing even when it is raining. There is just so much beauty in the green grass and trees. I love looking at the clouds uncover the snow capped mountains. We are 20 minuted from the beach, 45 minuted from skiing, and I would have to say minutes away from some of the best camping in the world. We also live in an older home but the view makes the home feel humble and homey.

We have already found a church that fits us perfectly. We are looking forward to getting involved and developing lasting friendships. We also reached out to the local Young Life chapter, that is a whole different post, but I am so curious to see what God has in store for us there.

Tyler loves it!! He is such a little outdoors boy. He loves fishing, the water, and digging in the dirt. We are living outside these days trying to soak up all the sun we can before the rainy season. We are going camping next weekend and I just know he is going to have the time of his life.

Even though we are having a great time we miss all our friends and family so much. We will be back in Texas in November and look forward to seeing each and everyone of you.
Tyler's truck it is just like daddy's

Papa and Tyler looking at all the wild animals that we could see 2 feet away. Amazing!!!
Tyler helping fix the house. So cute. He is such a helper these days.
One of the many beauties here. We have so much more exploring to do and more family time to do it. We are surely loving life!

No comments: